Your district or global grant may include funds for domestic or international air travel. Once your grant has been approved, you can make travel arrangements. You may not use grant funds to reimburse costs that were incurred before your grant was approved.
Making your travel arrangements
Rotary grant-funded travelers are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. You can work with Rotary International Travel Service (RITS), if you wish.
Check our travel ban list to confirm that travel to your intended destination is permitted.
Rotary International Travel Service
If you choose to make travel arrangements through RITS, you will work with their partner BCD Travel. BCD charges a nominal service fee on all travel transactions, which can be paid with grant funds.
Here's the process:
- Select the country of departure from the list below to find the name and email address of your BCD office.
- Open the Rotary grant travel form, choose your BCD office from the drop-down list at the top of the form, and complete the form.
- If you want to include a proposed itinerary, research flights, looking for the best fares.
- Email your completed form along with your proposed itinerary to BCD. If you're traveling with a group, have one group member email all travel forms together.
- BCD will email you an itinerary and pricing information. If you submitted a proposed itinerary and BCD finds a lower-cost alternative, you'll receive information for both.
- Respond to BCD's email to approve the itinerary within 24 hours.
- Use a credit card to purchase the tickets from BCD.
You may include personal travel that precedes or follows your grant activities on your form. You'll pay for any additional expenses, including:
- Optional stops that are different from your approved travel dates and route
- A rebooking fee if you miss the window for the lower-cost option offered by BCD
- Changes you make to personal travel arrangements
Grant travel insurance notice
Beginning 1 July 2016, Rotary grant-funded travelers are responsible for purchasing their own travel insurance. Review our coverage recommendations.