Your district or global grant or your Rotary Peace Fellowship may include funds for international air travel. Rotary covers the cost of international economy-class tickets, at the lowest-available price. Once your grant has been approved, you can make your travel arrangements, including booking your international airline tickets.
Note: We cannot reimburse you for the cost of tickets purchased before your grant has been approved.
What you need to know
You will work with BCD Travel, Rotary's travel partner, to complete your booking for international air travel only. If you are booking domestic travel or district grant-funded Rotary Youth Exchange travel, the travel arrangements are your responsibility.
Here's how the process works:
- Complete the Rotary grant travel form. Research flight itineraries and include a recently priced itinerary with your travel form.
- Email your completed form and itinerary to the BCD office associated with your departure country.
- BCD will email you an itinerary and pricing information. If you submitted a proposed itinerary and BCD finds a lower-cost alternative, you'll receive information for both.
- Respond to BCD's email within 24 hours and approve the itinerary.
- Purchase the tickets from BCD using a credit card.
BCD charges a nominal service fee on all travel transactions, which is eligible for coverage by your approved grant funds. Check our travel ban list to confirm that travel to your destination is permitted. Review our travel and safety information and your insurance coverage, which includes emergency assistance and other benefits.
You may add to your form personal travel preceding or following your grant activities. But you will have to pay for any additional expenses, including:
- Optional stopovers that are different from your approved travel dates and route
- A rebooking fee if you miss the window for the lower-cost option offered by BCD
- Changes you make to personal travel arrangements
Submitting your travel form
- Select your country of departure from the list below to find the name and email address of your BCD office.
- Open the Rotary grant travel form and choose your BCD office from the list at the top of the form.
- Save your completed form and recently priced itinerary and email them to your BCD office.
- If you're traveling with a group, have one group member email all travel forms together.