Travel & Expenses
All Rotary travelers must follow Rotary's travel policy, which includes guidelines for expenses and reimbursement. We cannot reimburse you for travel expenses you incur before your travel has been authorized.
Travel arrangements not funded by Rotary are your responsibility.
How do I submit my travel request?
Rotary business travel
Once you're authorized to travel on Rotary business, such as attending a training meeting or an event, you can make your travel arrangements for flights, hotels, and car rentals or mileage reimbursement using the Rotary travel form. Email your completed form to one of the designated travel agencies that work with RITS (Rotary International Travel Service). A travel agent will contact you with more information.
Rotary grant and peace fellowship travel
If your international air travel is funded by a Rotary grant or a peace fellowship, you must make your travel arrangements through our travel partner, BCD Travel.
- Learn more about grant/peace fellowship travel
How do I get reimbursed for my travel expenses?
Rotary reimburses travelers for all reasonable and necessary business-related expenses. You should submit your expense statement with all required documentation before reimbursements are made.
- Expense statement (Excel) (PDF)
- Rotary payee information
- Documenting Expenses
- Guidelines for submitting expense reports
- Payment guidelines
- Payment guidelines FAQ
- RI exchange rates
- Guidelines for using RI exchange rates
- Automobile reimbursement rates
- Reimbursable activities of spouse form
- Directions for completing the reimbursable activities of spouse form
- Additional documentation requirements by country
- Car rental and personal vehicle information
Can I donate frequent flyer miles?
Yes! Find out how to participate in our Rotary Miles program.