Do you want to be part of a global community of young adults taking action for positive change? Are you looking for the chance to share your ideas and look at the world’s challenges in a new way? Join a Rotaract club and find all this and more, including:
- Hands-on service projects
- Fun networking and social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- An international network of young leaders
What is Rotaract?
Rotaract is a club for adults ages 18-30 that meets twice a month to exchange ideas, plan activities and projects, and socialize. While Rotary clubs serve as sponsors, Rotaract clubs decide how to organize and run their club and what projects and activities to carry out.
How do I join a Rotaract club?
You can check with your university, look online, or contact a local Rotary club to find out if there’s a club in your area. Contact the Rotaract club to find out about its next meeting, service project, or social event.
If you’re interested in learning more about Rotaract, watch "Journey to Pisco" to see how Rotaract clubs worldwide are using their energy, experience, and education to address issues that are important to them.
What if there isn’t a Rotaract club in my community or university?
You can start one! Refer to the Rotaract Handbook for everything you need to organize and manage your new club. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A sponsor Rotary club to provide support and partnership
- An adviser from your sponsor club
- A faculty adviser (if it’s a university-based club) to serve as a liaison between your sponsor Rotary club and the university administration
- Strong club leaders to help organize your club, grow your membership, and carry out successful projects.
Where can I find members for our club?
Whether you’re starting a new club or part of an existing one, you can find potential members by publicizing your club activities in your community and university. Here are some other ideas:
- Post updates to your club website or blog, Facebook page, and Twitter account
- Organize special events in your community
- Invite potential members to your service projects, social events, and networking nights
Celebrate your club’s global impact by getting involved in:
- World Rotaract Week
- Rotaract multidistrict events
- Rotaract Preconvention Meeting
You can learn more about these events in the Rotaract Handbook.
Resources & reference
- Rotaract Handbook
- Rotaract promotional card (PDF)
- Rotaract Club Certification Form
- Standard Rotaract Club Constitution and Bylaws
- Rotaract Statement of Policy
- Guide for District Rotaract Representatives
- Rotaract Identification card
- Rotaract Promotional Kit
- New Generations newsletter
- Connect with your fellow leaders at the Rotaract Preconvention
- Journey to Pisco
- Rotaract Teams with Habitat for Humanity
- ATSU Rotaract Interactive Story
- Rotaract Doing Good in Ukraine
- Find a Rotary club with Club Finder
- Check our discussion groups
- Update your club and membership data
- District Rotaract chair
- District Rotaract representative
Questions? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.