Your district, global, or packaged grant or your Rotary Peace Fellowship may include funds for air travel. Rotary covers the cost of economy-class tickets, at the lowest-available price. Once your grant has been approved, you can submit a travel request and book your airline tickets.
Note: We cannot reimburse you for the cost of tickets purchased before your grant has been approved.
What you need to know
You will work with BCD Travel, Rotary's travel partner, to complete your booking. Here's how the process works:
- Complete our travel request form. You may research itineraries and send a recently priced itinerary as an attachment with your request.
- Email your completed form to your BCD office.
- BCD will email you an itinerary and pricing information. If you submitted a proposed itinerary and BCD finds a lower-cost alternative, you'll receive information for both.
- Respond to BCD's email within 24 hours and approve the itinerary.
- Purchase the tickets from BCD using a credit card.
Check our travel ban list to confirm that travel to your destination is permitted. Review our travel and safety information and your insurance coverage, which includes emergency assistance and other benefits.
You may add personal travel before or after your grant activities to your request. But you will have to pay for any additional expenses, including:
- Optional stopovers that are different from your approved travel dates and route
- A rebooking fee if you miss the window for the lower-cost option offered by BCD
- Changes you make to personal travel arrangements
Submitting your request
- Select your country of departure from the list below to get the name and email address of your BCD office.
- Open the travel request form and choose your BCD office from the list at the top of the form.
- Save your completed form and email it to your BCD office.
- If you're traveling with a group, have one group member email all travel forms together.