The Rotary Foundation Cadre of Technical Advisers is a group of volunteer Rotarians who provide technical expertise and advice to Rotarians planning and carrying out Rotary grant projects around the world.
What we do
Cadre members review, monitor, and evaluate projects and ensure grant funds are being used properly. Our assignments include:
- Technical reviews. Cadre members evaluate the technical feasibility of a project and submit a written evaluation. Reviewers don’t travel or communicate with the project sponsors.
- Site visits. An advance site visitor evaluates the technical feasibility of a proposed project. An interim monitor reports on the implementation of an ongoing project. A post project monitor evaluates the impact and resolution of a completed project. For these assignments, cadre members travel to the project site and meet with the project sponsors and the benefiting community.
- Audits. Auditors evaluate the financial management and oversight of grant funds. Audits can be targeted or random. Cadre members travel to the project site and meet with the project sponsors and the benefiting community.
- Operational audits. Cadre members assess the controls grant sponsors have to ensure qualification. This involves evaluating financial books, records, and documentation.
Who we are
We are experts in technical sectors that correlate to each of Rotary’s six areas of focus. In addition, our team of auditors reviews project finances and grant management. Cadre members include:
- Lawyers, diplomats, teachers, social workers, mediators, arbitrators (peace and conflict prevention/resolution)
- Obstetricians, doctors, nurses, midwives, public health professionals, epidemiologists (maternal and child health & disease prevention and treatment)
- Civil, environmental, mechanical, and biological engineers, city planners (water and sanitation)
- Teachers, community educators, education advocates, administrators (basic education and literacy)
- Small-business owners, bankers, city planners, community organizers, real estate professionals, revitalization specialists, agronomists (economic and community development)
- Accountants, financial advisers (auditing)
Our technical coordinators help recruit cadre members and serve as leaders in each of the technical sectors.
How you can join us
Do you want to add your expertise to the cadre? We’re looking for Rotarians in all technical areas. Eligibility requirements include:
- Current, active member of a functioning Rotary club
- Good standing with The Rotary Foundation and Rotary International
- Professional experience in at least one of the technical sectors
- Endorsement of district governor
We particularly need Rotarians with professional expertise in monitoring and evaluation. We also need Rotarians who live in:
- Africa for all areas of focus, especially water and sanitation and maternal and child health
- Europe and Africa who speak Portuguese
- North and Central America in the auditing technical sector who speak Spanish
- Asia for the areas of focus of water and sanitation and maternal and child health
Sign up for the cadre (PDF)
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-866-3357.