Website terms and conditions of use
Rotary International's guidelines for user-generated content
Rotary International encourages your comments and user-generated content. RI, however, expects that participants treat each other with respect. Failure to follow RI's user-generated content terms and conditions of use* could lead to comments being removed or the poster/writer of the comments being removed or blocked from the online group, channel, or page.
A comment should not:
- Use inappropriate or offensive language
- Include an attack or disparaging remark
- Sell or promote services or products
- Be unrelated to the original story or thread of conversation
- Be excessively long
- Make accusations
When posting a comment or when a participant grants RI permission to display user content -- such as audio, video, or photos -- it is the participants/user's responsibility to assure that the work is original and does not violate another’s rights, including copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity rights. RI will remove any user content at the request of a copyright or trademark owner.
Furthermore, by posting content or granting RI permission to use content, a participant is giving RI the right to display such content on www.rotary.org and in affiliated RI publications and to distribute and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
The RI website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by RI. RI has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. Participant’s use of any third-party website is at her/his own risk.
Rotary International reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Participants must read and agree to the Rotary International Website Terms and Conditions of Use before using or posting anything on www.rotary.org.
* The information contained in this document does not remove any terms, conditions, obligations, covenants or requirements set forth in the Rotary International Website Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event of any inconsistency between the Rotary International Website Terms and Conditions of Use and this document, the provisions of the Rotary International Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall govern.